Monthly Meeting Minutes
March 4, 2013
Call to order 7:25
1. Pledge of Allegiance
2. Approval of Agenda: Ed Matson made a motion to accept this month’s agenda, seconded by Veronica. Motion passed with Stacey abstaining.
3. Public/Member Comment: Veronica thanked the Department for the flowers that were delivered the day of her surgery. Brian asked about the new keypad, Ed suggested he talk with Alan about this.
4. Approval of Minutes: Sherman made a motion to accept February minutes seconded by Veronica. Passed unanimously.
5. Correspondence: Read by Secretary. Many donations and thank you’s for service. Secretary will send thank you notes. Parades will be announced and posted soon. Dominic Bonomonte Sr. Memorial Softball League is looking for fire, police and ambulance softball teams in the Northern Fairfield and Southern Litchfield County. Anyone interested in putting a team together should contact Stacey. Information will be posted on the bulletin board.
6. Membership: Motion made by Mike Petrone to accept Mark Hamilton for probationary membership to the Department, seconded by Veronica. Vote by paper ballet. Passed unanimously.
7. Report of Officers and Committee:
Chief’s Report: Presented by Tim Sneller. There is a meeting with Board of Selectman tomorrow at 4:30. The Joint Area Chief’s Meeting went well. In February, there were 14 fire calls (1 motor vehicle, 1 wires down, 1 structure fire, 2 ambulance assists, 9 automatic alarms).
Other Officer’s Reports: Gary reminded members to wash salt off vehicles after each call.
Ambulance Chief’s Report: Mike said there were 110 calls this year. In February there were 37 calls dispatched. We only missed one call. We need people to continue to help out. We need to recruit more people with a program in the spring.
Engineer: John C. is working on several repairs and replacements in vehicles.
Training: Brian is trying to get a head count for Saturday’s Drill. There is a slow leak in Engine 2 tire, he brought it to be fixed. Adam is going to send out FFll information. Tim Sneller will send out email regarding Hazmat Operational training.
Communications: Presented by Alex. Alex made a motion to allow communications officer to place items that are no longer functioning on EBay as a lot item and the proceeds would be put back into the general fund. Seconded by Mike. Motion passed with Gwen opposed and Brian abstaining. Alex made a motion to allow the communications officer to sell members of the department replacement equipment at fire department cost. Items would include batteries, lapel microphones, and upgraded antennas. Seconded by Alexis. Passed Unanimously.
Ambulance Committee: Art reported that interviews will take place tomorrow night with the two vendors who placed bids.
Fair Committee: Willy asked if anyone is interested in running the White Elephant for the Fire Department. Otherwise, outside organizations are interested. In the past, this was a big money maker.
Brush Truck: Will meet with the EC committee.
Ball Committee: no committee yet.
Records: Veronica stated that point details are available on website. She is still completing records audit.
8. Unfinished Business/General Orders
a. Computer Software/hardware: Alex made a motion to spend up to $300 for a desktop for radio room. Seconded by Veronica. Passed Unanimously. Alex made a motion to spend up to $500 for a wireless wall router. Seconded by Alexis. Passed unanimously.
b. Color Guard: Alexis warned to spend up to $1,000 for ax, flagpole, toppers, case and possibly a department flag.
c. Gator Upgrades/roof: none
d. Workroom TV: Matt would like to re-warn for a large tv and wall mount for up to $1,100. He will present details next month.
e. Lifepak battery charger for ambulance: Mike made a motion to purchase Lifepak battery charger for ambulance, not to exceed $1400. Seconded by alex. Passed unanimously.
f. Antique room shelving: tabled until next month.
g. Treasurer: Rita read off bills. Alex made a motion to pay bills as presented. Seconded by Veronica. Passed unanimously.
9. New Business: none
10. Warning of expenditures: Art warned for the purchase of a new ambulance, not to exceed $187, 000. John Christen warned to spend no more than $250 for an air compressor. Alex warned for radio equipment for new ambulance which was not budgeted.
motion adjourned at 8:22
Stacey Kabasakalian, KVFD Secretary