KVFD EC Meeting 11/19/12

KVFD EC Meeting
11/19/12

Meeting called to order by the President at 7:00 pm.

1. Public and Member Comment: Tim Limbos would like to be sure that members activity is entered and up to date. Tim Limbos believes that all members who are hazmat operational should be fit tested. Caralee inquired if sponsors are notified when when their sponsorees are due for their one year review. At this time they are not.

2. Minutes: Motion made by Mike Petrone to accept the minutes a distributed, seconded by Tim Sneller. Approved unanimously.

3. Membership /  Personnel: Motion made by John Russell the the EC to add the sponsor checklist he presented to the application packet, seconded by Mike petrone. Approved unanimously.

4. Appointed Positions reports: Juniors are working on the trailer and will be doing the parade of lights. Motion made by Audra to appoint Veronica to the Juniors Advisory Board, seconded by Tim S. Approved unanimously. Motion made by Mike to appoint Alex to the Juniors Advisory Board, seconded by Tim S. Approved unanimously. Alexis reported there is garbage and cardboard dumpsters out back for department use. (not personal use) John Gleason has been working on the lights. She would like the officers to encourage people to clean up after themselves. Motion made by Matt to not allow the Riverview Condo Association to use the firehouse meeting room, seconded by Mike. Approved unanimously.

5. Officers Reports:

a. Chief- Matt met with CL&P in July about their response time. Matt has put in an       application with inland wetlands committee for the rear building driveway. Motion made by Matt to pay $100 for the application fee as an emergency expenditure as the fee was not waived, seconded by Mike. Approved unanimously. Matt attended the town budget meeting. He reviewed the changes asked for with the EC. There was discussion of taking our money out of the capital plan and putting it into a grant. Matt has concern that could change as new town committee members come in. Matt suggests we look into new gear vendors and seeing what is out there. Our current gear is coming up for inspection and/or replacement. There was concern from the Safety Officer that three members went to Kent School to investigate smoke. Matt is looking into it.

 

b. Assistant Chiefs- Gary attended the NMAC meeting. There was a presentation by the Litchfield County Coordinators. When using the New Milford smokehouse someone need to attend the propane tank at all times. Next line officers meeting will be the 26th at 8:00pm.

 

c. Lieutenants- Alex reported there is a new charger for the sawzall.

d. Engineer- Gary updated on R8 repairs. Eric reported that he contacted D&S about snow tires for the ambulance. He will schedule B4 and B3 for items need to be repaired.

e. Ambulance Chief- There is a bill from Vintec that Mike is concerned has not been paid. The member did not meet the requirements for the fd to pay the bill. Alan and Mike will contact the member and Vintec.There were 36 calls for the month. Lifepac is out of service.

6. Old Business:
a. Ambulance Committee- Art presented the new ambulance specs and proposals for funding. Art and Eric will send the document to the membership for review.
b. Audit- the 9-90 was prepared and filed. We will get a resenton from Tracy’s office on their audit findings.
c. Email / Internet / Computers- Alex will schedule a representative for the cloud to come out and give a presentation.
d. Rear building- Alan contacted the proposed new renter via email to inform him he we could not rent to him at this time. There was discussion on the rear building roof.

7. New Business:
a. Paid Staff- There was discussion of hiring a paid treasurer. Motion made by Mike to move forward with the cloud, seconded by Alex. Approved unanimously.
b. Radio room equipment- none
c. Capital equipment plan- Will be discussed at line officers meeting.
d. Budget workshop- Will be held this Sunday at 7:00 pm.

Meeting adjourned at 9:34 pm

Respectfully Submitted,

Mary Cox
Secretary KVFD

Comments Off on KVFD EC Meeting 11/19/12

Filed under Minutes_

Comments are closed.