Special EC Meeting 6/24/12

KVFD Special EC Meeting
6/24/12

Call to order by President at 7:31 pm

1. Public and Member Comments: none

2. Minutes: Motion made by Mike Petrone to accept the minutes as distributed, seconded by Audra Petrone. Approved unanimously.

3. Membership/Personnel (possible executive session) : Chis Fuchs came in for his one year review. The secretary will supply him with a list of documents he needs for his personnel file. He is then able to continue as an associate member.

4. Ambulance Committee: Art Romano reported that the committee has been meeting with vendors. The vendors will be sent the specs of what the committee wants. The committee will be recommending we keep our current ambulance in addition to the new one. They will have a summary for the July monthly meeting. They are looking for a Chevy or GMC for the drive train and the use of diesel fuel as well as a two wheel drive. They will have a recommendation for the department in September.

5. Appointed Positions Reports:
a. Loan Officer- Motion made by Mary Cox to approve Debbie Bain’s written request for a tent during the Summer Sidewalk Sale Days, seconded by Matt Starr. There was discussion on our loan policy and concerns of wear and tear on the equipment. Mary will talk with Alan about possible policy changes.
b. Records Clerk- Jean will be meeting with the Personnel Committee to discuss a few ideas and address some questions.

6. Officers Reports:
a. Chief’s Report- Matt has received our insurance policy invoice. There is a $1234 increase due to large loss and addition of the new truck. He suggests we shop around for prices from other insurance companies for next year. The new engine is still not in service. It should only go out under authorized training.
b. Ambulance Chief’s Report- There have been 226 calls for this year so far. Mike received a letter of complaint from another department which Mike will review with the Chief and Assistant Ambulance Chief.
c. Secretary- The Secretary will not be available to take minutes for the July monthly meeting and asked the EC for a volunteer.
d. Treasurer- Scott asked if Tracy Fillow’s office calls with questions as they do the audit please try to help them out as they are trying to gather information. The Treasurer gathered information from local banks and he would like to meet with Matt, Alan and John Russell to review. Motion made by Matt Starr to open a debit account with Union Savings for a trial with $5000 so we do not need use charge accounts only and have more options for purchases, seconded by Mike Petrone. Approved unanimously.

7. Old Business:
a. Rear Building Rental Agreement (possible Executive Session)- Motion made by Matt Starr to go into executive session at 8:45 pm, seconded by Mike Petrone. Approved unanimously. Motion made by Matt Starr to come out of executive session at 8:53, seconded by Joe Bisenius. Approved unanimously. Motion made by Mike Petrone to authorize the President, Chief and Secretary to execute the commercial lease as presented with changes. Approved unanimously with Matt Starr abstaining.

8. New Business:
a. Statewide Drill- The statewide drill is July 28-29. The first day is tabletop planning and communications planning. The second day we will test our systems to be sure we are prepared. The President, Secretary and Treasurer will be involved. Tony Amon added that day one is pre-plan and day two is the “event” and we will practice what we can.
b. Member Physical SOP/Policy- Matt distributed the proposed changes to the physicals policy. Motion made by Matt Starr to approve the policy change to physicals as presented, seconded by Mike Petrone. Approved unanimously. Motion made by Matt Starr to approve proposed change to SOP 1-10 as presented, seconded by Joe Bisenius. Approved unanimously.

Meeting adjourned at 9:15

Respectfully Submitted,

Mary Cox
Secretary KVFD

Comments Off on Special EC Meeting 6/24/12

Filed under Minutes_

Comments are closed.