KVFD Executive Committee minutes January 26, 2011
Present: T. Amon, B. Blank, E. Epstein, A. Gawel, G. Hock, S. Houck, A. Limbos, V. Limbos, C. Mazza, D. Molnar, A. Petrone, M. Petrone, G. Price, and J. Speck.
Call to order at 19:55
The President made a statement that he will abstain on all votes unless otherwise noted.
- Public/member comments: none.
- December EC minutes: motion to approve by Seth, seconded by Mike. Unanimously approved.
- Officer reports
- Chief: meeting of officers on 1/28 for appointments and training.
i. A second tanker team deployment for 1/25 call will also be discussed at that meeting.
- Ambulance Chief: power stretcher will be delivered in February.
- Treasurer: 2010 December accounts have been reconciled.
i. $155,142.66 is our bank account total
ii. $48,983.76 is our ambulance revenue (with $592.73 in billing expense to EMMS)
iii. Merrill Lynch account is $689.490.75
iv. Coffee jar money has been taken for the second time.
v. Town request for grant
vi. Checks under $1,000 are ok to be signed by one person excluding payroll checks.
vii. Town email for $75,000 grant request.
- Engineer: John Cox has agreed to be Bill’s assistant. Cost of new radiator for 7-0 is $900. A letter needs to be sent on behalf of the Antique for the $900 worth of work which was done for free. New tool for engineer needed to be replaced at cost of $160. We need yearly inspections and paperwork to be done. The gator will be inspected and upgraded soon.
- Appointed positions reports
- Records clerk: should records be produced quarterly instead of annually?
i. Fireproof filing cabinet needed.
ii. New run form
iii. Need a records clerk apprentice as Dawn hopes to move in November.
iv. Pancake breakfast needs oven racks and other materials for the event and it’s already budgeted (up to $250.)
- Firehouse coordinator: no report
- Quartermaster: five sets of EMS gear and other items ordered as needed.
- Committee Reports
- 100th Anniversary: memorabilia and banner are on order. The calendars have sold well and paid for itself: still available at House of Books, The Villager, True Value, Kent Fabrics, Kent Wine and Spirits, and Town Hall. Help will be needed at the breakfast on the 13th.
- Technology: web site is under used. Several questions were raised about content and accessibility. Jean volunteered to be on the committee.
- Old Business
- Feb. 2 meeting with the BOF at 8 p.m.
- Jim Shaw’s physical received: ok to proceed to dept. for approval.
- Rear building: bill received for work but not done yet. OK to pay for materials only. Any rental inquiries may need follow up with the department for approval.
- SOPs: we need a retention policy, a shredding policy and a whistleblower policy.
- Budget 2011: we need re-certification expenses to be covered.
- New Business
- Emergency Management Committee: Tony Amon and do we need a liaison? June 2011 the NIMS compliance is due. Eric will assign an officer to oversee our adoption and use of the Reverse 9-1-1 system. Eric will also assign an officer to oversee our Tag system. We need to schedule an Everbridge lesson.
- Executive Committee meeting schedule will be every third Monday at 7:30 p.m. with our target being a two hour maximum meeting.
- Emergency and non-emergency member review is being done by the personnel and the EC.
- Hazmat: Mike will talk to Jim Canning about a workshop.
- Mike made a motion, seconded by Alex, to exempt Matthew Barksdale from non-emergency status and to keep him on emergency/active status. Unanimously approved.
- The President will send a letter of dismissal to Joel Indorf.
- The President will send letters of transfer to the non-emergency list to Jill Scholsohn and Sean Dingee.
- Appointed positions for 2011:
i. Quartermaster: Jessie Rundall
ii. Financial Secretary: Gwen Price
iii. Records Clerk: Dawn Molnar
iv. Equipment Loan Officer: Mary Cox
v. Tech officer: Bill Keane
vi. Firehouse coordinator: Dawn Molnar
vii. Juniors Advisory Board: senior advisor is Audra Petrone with assistants Leila Erskine and Adam Woodruff.
viii. Auxiliary Coordinator: tabled until President can meet with members.
Motion to adjourn at 21:59